From the short list below, pick a quotation that speaks to you and spend a few moments reflecting on it. How does it speak to you today?
1. “One of the greatest challenges of the spiritual life is to receive God’s forgiveness.” (Henri J.M. Nouwen)
2. “If you have forgiven yourself for being imperfect and failing, you can now do it for just about anyone else. If you have not done it for yourself, I am afraid you will likely pass on your sadness, absurdity, judgment, and futility to others.” (Richard Rohr)
3. “You never so touch the ‘Ocean of God’s Love’ as when you forgive and love your enemies.” (Corrie ten Boom)
4. “Where there is no love, pour love in, and you will draw out love.” (St. John of the Cross)
5. “I think that if God forgives us we must forgive ourselves. Otherwise, it is almost like setting up ourselves as a higher tribunal than God.” (C.S. Lewis)